In this post, 20 Things You Love About Yourself. We are going to talk about the things we love about ourselves. Things that cause us to over look ourselves in this fast-paced world.
- Personal Coaching: How to Take a Pass
- How to Mentally Remove Clutter
- Philosophy: Learning How to Open Space for Healing
It’s hard to look inward.
#1 cause of why you might not love yourself or you find it hard to love yourself is the lack of understanding what self-love is…
In an article I found online from IdeaPod: 12 Reasons Why You Don’t LOVE Yourself and What You Can Do About It. They listed these 12 reasons, look at each one and see if anyone of these resonate with you.
- No understanding of what self-love is
- Other people’s opinion of you hold more value
- You are afraid of loving yourself
- Hurting them by loving yourself first
- Your not good enough
- Don’t know how to love yourself
- You think its wrong to love yourself
- You don’t accept who you are
- Your different than what you thought you’d be
- You are holding on to past experiences
- You don’t know how to take care of yourself
- You continue to put yourself down
As my readers, you all know the honesty I bring to this website. How I share my stories so that you can relate to them. I founded this website and its trade name on embracing one’s self. That means including everyone of the things from the list above.
What about you? Leave a comment with the one’s that you struggle with.
It’s about honesty and validity
Our children have been given a gift of understanding what self-love is and the huge awareness around those two little words. Those two words have such an impact on honesty and validity. Back in my younger teenage days those words never existed.
What is SELF-LOVE?
Self-love is the practice of treating oneself with care, compassion, and kindness. It involves acceptance and appreciation of oneself, recognizing one’s strengths and weaknesses, and prioritizing one’s own well-being and happiness. Self-love is the foundation of a healthy relationship with oneself, serving as a basis for personal growth, resilience, and fulfillment.ChatGPT 5
What happens when you don’t self-love
Do you feel distracted, or lost? Unhappy and unfilled? When self-love is absent it shows itself in many aspects of our mind, body, and spirit. Also in every aspect of our life. Jobs or relationships. Below are just a few;
- Doubting yourself.
- Other’s are put first.
- Judging yourself with too high of expectations.
- You can’t say no to others.
- Dependency upon others.
- Don’t believe in being complimented.
- Relationships don’t work out.
- Lose sight of your value system and worth.
- Develop anxiety and depression.
- Risk of self-harm.
Ask yourself this, do any of these resonate with you? They did with me eight years ago, it affected my health, relationships, and my spirit.
20 Things of What Self-Love Looks Like…
I made a list of what see-love looks like for me. What does it look like for you?
- I have a great sense of humor.
- I love my smile.
- I am a creative soul.
- I always have time for me.
- I have great listening skills.
- I am upbeat and positive.
- I am my own best friend.
- I care and validate my feelings.
- I love laughing.
- My eyes are sincere and beautiful.
- My laughter ignites others to laugh.
- I am passionate about life.
- I have a huge heart.
- I am empathic and compassionate.
- I connect with animals.
- I love learning new things.
- I have courage to overcome.
- I love my body.
- I am intelligent.
- I am fully capable of the ability to love.
I could write much more, but, now it’s your turn.
What do you love about yourself?
Here, there is no judgement or expectations. This website is a place where we embrace you. Here is where we evaluate where we can learn and grow cultivating calm within.
If you have questions about self-love?
Sending Love and Light! God Bless You!
- Linda J Wolff | How to Cultivating Calm Within