In today’s article: Clarity: Ignite Your Light. I want to talk about something we each carry within us. There is a powerful energy that refuses to be dimmed.
- Get Inspired with Motivational Quote: Shadows and Light
- Reality and Meeting Others Expectations: The Calm Truth
Our light shouldn’t be dark.
I remember last August, I had just moved to into a new home with significant other and my daughter. When the forest fire from Canada and then another one started not even fifty miles from where I lived filled the air with smoke.
The one thing I remember the most was the poor visibility. My lungs felt like they were on fire themselves. As a person who suffers from asthma, I was in fear of my life.
I had repeated asthma attacks, went to the hospital several times, and I couldn’t go out and enjoy the day. I was a prisoner in my home for over two months.
Those days were dark and challenging for me.
At that time fatigued and mentally drained. There was no clarity in those sixth days of survival. Trauma doesn’t have to be caused by a person. Caused by the environment we live in.
Although, in those sixty days, the immense will to live kept me going, I kept digging deep and drawing upon that powerful energy inside my spirit. I fought hard with every shallow breath to exist.
Self-Help Resources & Books
- Heal From Your Past, Create Yourself
- It Ends With Us
- Things We Never Got Over
- The 5 Love Languages
- Stop Overthinking: 23 Techniques to Relieve Stress
Distraction can cause darkness. Ignite Your Light.
Today, I wanted to do a search query on AI (artificial intelligence), I asked the question: What can cause us to become distracted? Here’s a list of the answers I received. Check them out. Pretty accurate. Look at number 5. Boom! There’s me.
There are many factors that can cause us to become distracted, including:
1. Multitasking: Trying to do too many things at once can make it difficult to focus on any one thing.
2. Technology: Constant notifications, emails, and messages from our devices can pull our attention away from what we are doing.
3. Stress and anxiety: When we are stressed or anxious, our minds can wander and become preoccupied with worries and concerns.
4. Lack of sleep: When we are tired, our ability to concentrate and stay focused can be diminished.
5. Environment: Loud noises, uncomfortable temperatures, and other distractions in our environment can make it difficult to focus.
6. Boredom: If a task is too monotonous or uninteresting, we may become easily distracted.
7. Hunger and thirst: When we are hungry or thirsty, it can be difficult to concentrate on anything other than satisfying those basic needs.
These are just a few of the many factors that can cause distraction.
Ignite your light with awareness.
One thing I found is that through awareness. I will be open to the light, and everything that happens in my world. This doesn’t mean that I am in control of outside elements, but, that I am in control of how I act or react.
Listening and watching what goes on around me on the news or online. I am aware of the darkness and toxins. Through my choices of who I align myself with and what I want to consume in my thoughts or mind.
Its disturbing at what I see in the news. People allowing the darkness to overcome that powerful energy become distracted by the negative chaos of this world. Actually, I only allow myself thirty minutes of watching media, I don’t want it to saturate into my soul and diminish the beautiful light inside me.
I don’t read the darkness. Do I spend endless hour being distracted by social media OR the misguided videos or photos? That’s a big no! I don’t have time for it. I’m on a mission to overcome any obstacle in my path of alignment. It’s hard work, to stay on your path and practice cultivating calm within.
Yet, the results are so rewarding, and the powerful energy inside me burns strong. Ignite your light in staying fully aware of your journey.